Pages

Monday 14 May 2012

ANZAC DAY.. Lest We Forget!



In honour of all the Australian Men and Women who have served and fought for our wonderful nation. 
This goes out to you..


I have a dear friend, who is helping me research my family tree. I am aware to some degree of many in my family line who have served, some who have lost their lives, and some who have had stories to tell.. Others have been silenced.. In any circumstance, they are all heroes who deserve recognition. As a child, my father was in the R.A.A.F (Royal Australian Air Force) and my mother was a nurse. Every year we would pay homage to those who fought for us, by attending Anzac memorials and watching the marches.

As we grew a little older, participating in scouts, girl guides, brownies and the girls' brigade, it became our honour to march alongside of those who survived, and those who marched in the memory of those lost.. At the very least it was an extremely humbling experience..

During the ceremonies listening to the Last Post and the minute silence has always brought me undone.. The pure selflessness that one human can give to another is a human trait that beguiles me.. And one that I, in my lifetime wish to fulfil as many times over as possible.. One that I hope to pass onto my children, and my children's children..

This year, I took my two daughter's to Timothy Maloney Park in Ipswich and watched the parade.
We frequent here every year to participate in the remembrance ceremony..

I would like to share with you 'Our Anzac Day 2012' ..

Miss Tamar & Miss Willow waiting for the parade to begin

Police Motorcade leading the way..  Brings me to tears seeing the old 'diggers'  
Add caption

Im such a sook.. Hearing the bagpipes  makes me cry too.. Always has..  

Seeing the generations marching together is beautiful...

Army Contingent..

R.A.A.F Contingent..
There is something to be said about Patriotism...
Generations united.. Fire Brigade Contingency..

Naval and Cadets Contingent
              
R.A.A.F Cadets standing on the parade ground during the ceremony
 
The Ever Impressive - F18's - Although they do not do the Dump & Burn like they used to.. the 'Fly Over' is still profound.. My heart beats a million miles an hour, and jumps into my mouth, the sound and the sight rushes through me like a freight train..
Awesome Capture!


Lest We Forget..

3 comments:

  1. I know I am terribly late with this post.. Anzac Day is officially commemorated on the 25th April every year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a proud Aussie family who support our Defence Forces too...loved this post and the pics.
    Khris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris for your kind posts on my blog!! I really appreciate the warm and fuzzy comments! Keep them coming :)

      Delete