Pages

Saturday 26 May 2012

Dining Room Chair Re-Vamp

Yesterday I popped down to my local Spotlight Store after a little birdie had told me of a 30% off sale.. With a  'dash to the haberdashery' I happened upon some fabric that took my eye. Would my hubby  like the fabric chosen?! - the thought was there for about as long as it took for my receipt to pop out of the eftpos machine.. I was taking my fabric home!! :D

Our dear old zebra pattern dining room chairs were very
tired and worn.

My new French inspired fabric.. Oh so pretty!

Hubby used to be an Upholsterer many moons ago, so this job was going to be very easy for me.
All I had to do was point and shoot as my hubby did the work!

Unscrew the cushion base..
Take off the old cruddy fabric..
We are going to re-use our foam inserts as they are still in pretty
good nick for their age. 
Measure the cushion base and then
measure the fabric to the size you need.
Lay the fabric over the cushion and decide which way you want the pattern to run.
My fabric didn't have a specific pattern, which makes it easier to place!
Tacking the corners down first..
Folding the fabric over the edges firmly and holding in place
as you staple along the edges..
Cutting out the extra fabric in the corners, so it's a neater fold..
Stapling the corners (almost like hospital corners)
Smoothing out the fabric and making sure it fits
snugly without pulling.
Lastly, replacing the evolution - which we reused from the other
cushion- this just finishes off your work and keeps it tidy!
There is Hubby - With my new chair cushion!

The New version next to the Old version..
1 Down - 5 More to go!


Amazing what a fresh face can do to a piece of furniture!

1 comment: